Friday 16 September 2011

Cod and Thyme Courgettes -cruise



It was a very easy recipe to prepare. I did so put it in the fridge and went to the pearl with my daughter.

When I served t for my daughter she said it looked disgusting...(She is 5 and its a phase).. and really I did not take care of presentation.. having a cold you just want get on with things.. So I made her a quick snack and tucked in.. surprised that the courgettes were tasty and firm and juicy and the fish,., well it was there.. In the end my daughter did try and liked the courgettes.. As for the fist. I am not sure what happened but Waitrose say that they will replace it or me.

As for recipe

It was so easy I just sliced up the courgettes.. no instructions on thickness so made them reasonably chunky and not see through.added thyme from my herb pot in the garden and garlic and then added the fist and another layer of courgettes thyme and garlic. It took around 25 mins in the oven on around 160. Dukan says a gentle heat.. but I am not sure what that means.

I am finding that maybe Dukan should not have just done a translation into English but also looked at the cultural, social aspects of what food is in our society and how we eat.Not to mention the availability of producjavascript:void(0)e I find I am making substitutes - something more local or something maybe not so expensive or able to find and used for more than one recipiency...( An example I will not be buying Raspberry vinegar even If I can find it for the two recipes that requires it)
I wonder how the Americans are coping. looking for Courgettes when they have Zuchinnis?

It brings me back to why I am doing this Blog..I know Dukan can work but the book just put me of at first.. I do not need any excuses for giving up this time so I am hoping you will join me on the journey.. I have around 111 pounds to go.

Well as for the diet.. I really must stop the daily weighing I weighed the same today. Do follow my blog for more Dukan recipe deciphering and my Journey to less pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment