Tuesday 27 September 2011

Dukan and the overly Obesity

I have just re-read the book re severe obesity and the diet. Dukan suggests that when on the diet that walking is enough exercise: too much exercise can make people feel lethargic and they are more likely to crave foods that are not on Dukan.

He also advises that exercise is usually not something that severely obese people are used to or they would not have got obese. Here I beg to differ I have always liked to cycle and swim and have also loved the wrong kind of foods.


Although I would like to take Dukan' s advice that whilst on Cruise if one I overly obese they should not re not exercising too much I would find that difficult as I would be depriving myself of activities with friends and family and me time in the morning in the pool before the day begins. On the other hand I can appreciate that too much exercise can be detrimental having sustained injured in the past form a over enthusiastic gym or dance routine.

I went to Champney's yesterday and enjoyed some lovely treatments as well as Nordic Walking and Aqua Mitt, I thin this has left me a little more tired than usual.. However I would not like to have missed the fun I had.

I will heed what Dukan says and yet be my own counsel. I think his advice was on the side of caution and obviously generalised but well meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment