Saturday 24 September 2011

Rabbit stew



I made this rabbit stew following closely to the Dukan recipe book. but I must say I gave up hunting for raspberry vinegar and used red wine vinegar.. I sautéed the shallots and rabbit which I cut up myself although the butcher did offer Their own juices using my electric pressure cooker and then added tarragon, carrots chestnut mushrooms, celery and red wine vinegar, put it  in the pressure cooker for 21 minutes ( Dukan uses conventional cooking and says 40 mins) and it  was absolutely delicious tender and piquant. I was surprised how much water was produced in cooking this and the softness of the Rabbit was lovely.

I like Rabbit and do not agree it tastes like chicken, its stronger..My five year old daughter said its "gross". and also did not believe it as rabbit because if was not furry!

No comments:

Post a Comment