Saturday 17 September 2011

Salmon with herb crust-attack


I wanted to use the salmon I brought in the Co-op reduced from £4.00 to £2.37. I looked in the Dukan Diet Recipe bookhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Dukan-Diet-Recipe-Book/dp/1444710354/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316296969&sr=8-1_
The recipes were either to include smoked salmon or contained cod roe . The Salmon Heart Frittata contained Hake and then another one the Terrine required smoked salmon and salmon Roe. There was one recipe I contemplated the one in a mustard sauce.. then I thought I would try something simple as I had lots to do and did not want to take long.

I went into my Garden and grabbed some herbs from my pot.. dill and marjoram and chopped these,I then added some salt, garlic pepper ( It comes in a small spice jar and is ready to shake) and some oat bran. I then roasted it in the oven. Very delicious as the skin was crisp and I added some fromage frais as a sauce.

Some times the simplest things in life are best. It is important that the diet fits in with your lifestyle and does not dominate it. This is why I adapt the recipes to what I can get, can afford and have the skill, mindset and time to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment